11 October 2014
Fortaleza
This past week has been an awesome change. Serving in the office is a lot of work but I have
the best two companions. Elder Z* is awesome and super nice. We get along great. Elder
T* is absolutely hilarious and an awesome worker. My apartment is in downtown Fortaleza.
This area is different from any other that I’ve seen in Ceará. It reminds me a lot of New York
City. It is known for its amazing seafood and many, many restaurants. Most of people who live
here are not from Ceará. They are from other parts of the country, so there are many different
accents. It is awesome.
accents. It is awesome.
The work is difficult because this is the richest part of the state, and there are only tall
buildings. However, we have a baptism on the 29th of October of a 22 year-old girl named L*.
buildings. However, we have a baptism on the 29th of October of a 22 year-old girl named L*.
It should be awesome. The ward is great. I am going to get so fat here. The lunches are
banquets. Yesterday, for example, was endless shrimp, chicken, and steak.
Many of the members here have been mission presidents and
love spoiling the missionaries. They know that it is difficult for us so
they always give us food.
banquets. Yesterday, for example, was endless shrimp, chicken, and steak.
Many of the members here have been mission presidents and
love spoiling the missionaries. They know that it is difficult for us so
they always give us food.
Being in the office is a lot of work but I really enjoy it. Let’s just say that my Portuguese is
going to improve a lot out of necessity. All day, every day, I am talking on the phone
with people from all over the country. I have to organize all the visas, passports, medical
appointments, etc. I also have to deal with all the mission problems.
It can be a little stressful but I get to know the entire mission.
My phone is constantly ringing. Please know that I am doing very well and that I
going to improve a lot out of necessity. All day, every day, I am talking on the phone
with people from all over the country. I have to organize all the visas, passports, medical
appointments, etc. I also have to deal with all the mission problems.
It can be a little stressful but I get to know the entire mission.
My phone is constantly ringing. Please know that I am doing very well and that I
am very happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment