June 30, 2014
Araturi,
Caucaia
This week I was
yelled at by a Seventh Day Adventist. He
just started Bible bashing...it was a horrible experience. He accused me of everything from belonging to
a cult to worshipping the devil. I took
his abuse for about 20 minutes because he wouldn't let us talk. I finally said,
"Excuse me sir, are you done?" I then went on to bear a very
simple testimony. I hate arguing.
The only thing I like to do is testify. I didn't know what to say
and just began to speak. It is amazing how much power a simple testimony
has--especially when guided by the Spirit.
Because of this
experience I have been reflecting a lot about the concept of absolute truth,
which President Kimball taught so beautifully.
Absolute truth is something that cannot be destroyed. It is pure
knowledge. It is what the Spirit uses to touch (and chastize) the hearts
of men. It is what calls people to repentance. I can truly say that
I am so grateful for the knowledge I have of the Atonement of Jesus Christ and
the Plan of Salvation.
Hope all is well!
P.S. Attached is a picture with Elder Z*.
No comments:
Post a Comment