Wednesday, June 25, 2014

June 23, 2014
Araturi, Caucaia

This past week has gone very, very, very well.  One of the best of my mission.  Wow, I am so tired...this morning we had to go to the center of Fortaleza and it took about 7 hours.  The buses are crazy because Brazil is playing today in the world cup.  Let’s just say that when I get home tonight that the hammock is going to be awesome.
It is amazing to see how the gospel transforms lives and builds friendships.  We had the baptism of Y* this week.  He is a great kid!  His family loves us.  They feed us until we can't even walk...it is great.
E* is doing awesome!  He works at night but makes it a priority to go and do visits with us every single day.  When he bears his testimony, it is so powerful.  The investigators think he has been a member of the church his whole life.  And then when he tells them that he met the missionaries four weeks ago, the investigators are blown away.  It has quite the spiritual impact.  His family has become best friends with another recent-convert family....I mean best of friends.  They are having a huge Brazil Soccer party tonight.  The gospel truly unites people--especially amid afflictions.  One of the families is passing through a difficult time and the other is right there to help them.  And to think they just met each other a week ago and it is like they have been friends since childhood.  The gospel of Jesus Christ is so true!
It is impossible to write everything that has happened this week.  But, hey, a quick bit of news.  You remember that family I was teaching in my last area?  A* (the alcoholic who said she could never change her life), W* (who became disillusioned with the church), and V* (their hilarious nephew) … they got baptized!!!  Elder C* sent me an email!  You know the gospel has to be true if A* got baptized.  She had told me she could never change....well, as I said, the gospel changes lives.  A* got baptized!!!  I am surprised beyond belief but also overjoyed!
Thank you for all your love and support!

Love, Dave

P.S. Yesterday I had a guy ask me if I was from Portugal!  He said that my accent is definitely not American.  Hey, that means improvement!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment