Tuesday, July 8, 2014

July 7, 2014
Araturi, Caucaia

The past few weeks, I have been the sickest that I have ever been on my mission.  It has been horrible.  Last Monday, I finally went to the hospital and spent a good number of hours in the emergency room.  I spent a second day there on Thursday.  It turns out that I have both bacterial and viral infections.  They gave me very strong antibiotics and confined me to the house for three days.  Let’s just say that I went insane!!!  It’s so hard not working.  I read almost the entire book of Alma (in Portuguese.)  
But, finally, as of today, I am feeling a lot better.

This past week there was a scripture that really stood out to me:
"And as sure as the Lord liveth, so sure as many as believed, or as many as were brought to the knowledge of the truth, through the preaching of Ammon and his brethren, according to the spirit of revelation and of prophecy, and the power of God working miracles in them—yea, I say unto you, as the Lord liveth, as many of the Lamanites as believed in their preaching, and were converted unto the Lord, never did fall away."

The Lord truly lives.  This is His work.  Conversion, not just baptism, is what is necessary.  Those who are truly converted cannot fall away.  This past week we had a meeting with the new mission president.  He is a very, very humble person and the nicest man.  What he talked about in the mission conference was perfect!  It is what I have been waiting for!  He told all the missionaries that they need to change their complete style of missionary work.  He told them that in his mission, the idea of baptizing for numbers will not be tolerated.  He said that he will be happier if every missionary just baptizes one person during his whole mission, making sure that the person is ready and will remain converted, than if every missionary baptizes one hundred people that are not ready.  I already love this mission president!  President Bonini is so humble and truly knows how missionary work should be done!  I really like him and I am excited to work with him.

Thank you for all your love and support!
Elder Larkin


No comments:

Post a Comment