Excerpts
from June 2, 9, 16
(June 2)
Well, the absolute unexpected occurred today! I was transfered to the area of Araturi...it
is located in a sister city of Fortaleza called Caucaia. And, I was made
a zone leader with Elder B*, who is from Curitiba. I have heard that in terms of our own
missionary work here it will be difficult...we have the largest zone in the
mission. We have to do two splits every week in order fulfill our
responsibilities. It should be fun. I know I am going to learn a
lot.
(June 9)
Wow, I can't believe that another week has already
passed. I got really sick early in the week. My first three days in
my new area were spent in a bed and the doctor’s office. However, I am
doing great now and everything is perfect. My new area is very
different. It is far out in the periphery of the city. Every Monday
I have to go to the city center to the mission office in order to get supplies
for the zone. We take an hour long train ride and then walk forever
in the city. Wow, the center of Fortaleza is really cool. It is
like an old New York City (but of course, everything is in Portuguese).
My new house...BOA SORTE...we are living in a hut! Our
roof is brick, which means we practically don't have a roof. I get home
every night and my bed is covered in a centimeter of dust. But I love
it. Canindé must have been a preparatory time for me (but I am so
grateful I have water!) I have never lived in a place where the kitchen
sink is outside...It is awesome! J
(June 16)
This past week has been super hectic. I think it has
been the longest week of my life. I am so tired. First off, we had
three baptisms yesterday: E*, D*, and I*. E* and his wife were married
this past Friday and then he was baptized on Saturday. He is amazing.
He is going to be such an amazing leader in the church. D* and I*
are the most adorable, well-behaved kids you will ever meet.
Brazil is on a permanent holiday for the next three weeks.
Everyone is just watching "football" all day long. It was
crazy the first night when Brazil played. We weren't allowed to watch the
game...therefore, we stayed in the house and had a churrasco party. We
went and bought carne and then built our own firepit. It was pretty
awesome. It was super fun. Whenever Brazil scored a goal, the
entire neighborhood was shouting and screaming. With how loud the music
and commentary were, playing in the background of the neighborhood, it was like
we were practically watching it.
It is pretty hot down here. It never gets cold.
We have this huge tree in our backyard that is filled with huge
caterpillars. They are invading our house. Everyday it is a battle
of exterminating the caterpillars. I think yesterday, Elder S* killed
about 25. It is crazy. Life is pretty normal here. Just trying
to be happy.





No comments:
Post a Comment