Monday, March 24, 2014

Yesterday, was fantastic.  We had the opportunity to go to stake conference and invite investigators and members to go with us.  So, yesterday morning we all met at the 'casapela' (the church-house) here in Canindé.  There were 50 of us who took an old, broken-down bus to Fortaleza.  The two hour ride seemed like an eternity.  But, we all made it safe and sound and everyone loved the conference.  For everyone from Canindé, it was the first time seeing a real chapel and thousands (yes, literally thousands) of members attending one meeting.  
Let's just say that church meetings are a little different in Brazil...

We were able to find a wonderful family this past week (they are siblings of one of our investigators that will be baptized on this week.)  We met them on Saturday, taught the restoration, they went to church in Fortaleza with us, and are now preparing to get married and baptized.  They are awesome!  The two boys, I* and I** love life so much.  They are 12 and 10.  They loved church!  They thought it was so cool that an American was in Canindé, Brazil.   Also, V* and N* got baptized!  I love those kids to death.  It is really sad for me that I am no longer in their area and can't teach them, but I had the wonderful opportunity to baptize V*!  He and I are best friends.  We will still continue to play baseball...he is getting really good!

I did have an interesting experience this week…  I met someone whose uncle lives in New Rochelle, NY where I served.  He is Brazilian and a pastor there.  Based on the description, I am pretty sure that Elder J* and I tracted into him one night in New York and he didn't want to have anything to do with us. Wow, such a small world in Canindé, Brazil!!!

I love you guys!
Elder Larkin







No comments:

Post a Comment