Transfer week! Elder Poulsen and I thought for sure that we were staying together. Unfortunately, we are not. I’m pretty bummed because I’m going to miss the Bronx so much! I’m going Portuguese! I’m going upstate to the Brazilian communities. But, we go to a Spanish ward: I’m going to be so confused!
10/2/13
I am in New Rochelle, Westchester County! I am in the Portuguese program now. Esta louco! I don’t remember Portuguese at all! It is awesome, though, my three companions are Portuguese-speaking. We live in a high-rise (25thfloor)-it is like a five star hotel compared to the Bronx. We are only speaking Portuguese-which is a struggle but I am learning so much. We drive a car…my new area is the whole zone, as we go to where there are Portuguese speakers.
I get to use Facebook now to teach the gospel. I am allowed to speak, chat and skype with anyone that is investigating or wanting to learn more about the gospel. So sorry that doesn’t include members of the church, but it is still pretty neat. The eventual goal is to connect friends and associates with the missionaries in their local areas. So, don’t get weirded out when you see that I’m on Facebook…it will be a short-lived opportunity because once I get to Brazil, I will no longer be able to use it. The New York NY North Mission is one of the few that has this privilege. It should be exciting.
Elder Larkin's new area.
Elder Larkin and Elder Poulsen
Elder Larkin and Elder Leung
Elder Larkin and Elder Taylor




No comments:
Post a Comment