Thursday, August 15, 2013

8/13/13

Thank you so much for your letters and care!  This week has been extremely difficult and they were much appreciated!  As you know I have been sick since Tuesday night.  This is the sickest I have ever been next to the three weeks in June.  I have had a constant headache for a week, throwing up blood, chills, hot flashes, fluctating temperatures, etc.  You name it, I had it!  I am finally starting to feel better--just a sore throat and little headache.  I have felt your prayers daily and I am so grateful.

Two of my favorite scriptures are found in D&C 121:33 and Mormon 8:22.  "How long can rolling waters remain impure?"  The Lord’s Gospel is rolling forth (Mormon 8:22) and His truth is expanding throughout the world. I am so excited to be a participant in that work.  The light of the world--even Jesus Christ--will bring so much joy to those searching for answers.  The eternal consequences associated with following Him and enduring to the end are so powerful--and we can only begin to comprehend a finite particle of them at this mortal time.  This Gospel is one of eternal learning and I am so grateful that we have the opportunity to learn of all the He has prepared for us.  I encourage you to read the fifth chapter of 2 Corinithians.  Particularly, verse 17.  This is one of my favorite new verses and it explains that in Christ we are new and can begin an eternal progression of becoming continually new. 

Com Amor,

Elder Larkin


Elder Larkin and Elder Rasmussen at the MTC.

No comments:

Post a Comment