July 23, 2013
Tudo bem?
Como vai?
This week has been amazing. It has had
its ups and its downs (more ups though, which is amazing!) So guess
what! I got dragged into the MTC choir with my district. Funny
right? I don't sing. But, tonight we are singing a rendition of
Praise to the Man which is amazing. It is different music but the same
lyrics. A very powerful song. I love my district! It is like
another family! It is going to be so sad when we have to all be split up
in four and half weeks.
Hmmm. What else has
happened this week? Well, Portuguese of course. It is coming along
great. I can't even speak Spanish anymore! Ouch! I tried
speaking to a companionship of elders going to Seattle Spanish Speaking.
I can still think in Spanish with the proper grammar but when I pronounce it,
it is all Portuguese. It is really weird. They just looked at me
like, wow, this elder is way behind everyone else. But, Portuguese is
coming along great. Every day we pray for the gift of tongues and
language and it is amazing what the Lord will provide. I am learning at
the most accelerated rate I have ever learned before. We taught a
"new" investigator yesterday and I was able to carry on a
conversation (very choppy) for half an hour. I feel that in four weeks
when I leave, I will have a good foundation, but then I will forget it all when
I go state-side for a little bit.
I am learning so much, especially by the Spirit. It is amazing how much can be learned when
you have ten hours a day just to study the gospel… It is amazing the peace,
confidence and assurance that come from learning the plain and simple truths of
the Gospel…. The gospel is true. Jesus
is the Christ. The atonement is real and
tangible. It changes lives. It has changed my life, especially these past
two weeks. Thank you for all your love
and prayers. I feel them on a continual
basis…
Com amor,
Elder Larkin (Davey)
Here are some fun pictures that Dave has sent from the MTC.
Elder Larkin and Elder Shreeve
Elder Larkin and Elder Nielson
Elder Larkin and Elder Colvin
Elder Larkin trying hard to look like he is studying!




No comments:
Post a Comment