Sunday, February 15, 2015

February 14, 2015
This week has been quite the roller coaster.  On Sunday we had an awesome lunch with a family that recently moved here.  They are from Curitiba but have lived in the States for 6 years.  They only speak English in their home and the kids hate speaking Portuguese.  They love American food so they made meatloaf, real mashed potatoes, rolls, and coleslaw.  It was awesome.  I have become really good friends with them.  The dad is awesome.  He went and bought a basketball for me so that we could play on p-days.  A very good family.
Sunday and Monday were spent running all over the place to organize flights for the missionaries that were going home.  There were some problems that arose but after a lot of work we were able to get them resolved.  On Tuesday we welcomed 9 new missionaries to the mission.  One of them is from Scotland.  I had such a fun time speaking English with him and talking about Scotland.  I also have a new companion!  His name is Elder L* and Elder T* is training him to take his spot.
On Thursday we were able to teach M* and I*.  It has been a while since we have taught them.  Things have been so busy.  Last week we taught M* about the Word of Wisdom and she gave up coffee on the spot. It was awesome.  This week we taught them about the Day of the Lord.  I hope they continue to grow and progress.


 Making apple pie with Sister "E"


February 7, 2015
Well, the marriages went well.  There were five of them last Saturday and two more today.  In total I think about 9 or 10 people were baptized because of them.  It was neat to be a part of it but I am completely exhausted.

This past week I have spent most of my time running all around the city doing errands for the mission.  I think I know this city better than anyone who lives here.  I know all of the buses now.  Wow, the buses here don't deserve to be called buses.  They are like roller coasters.  The drivers drive a million miles per hour, don't wait for anyone, and take the corners as if it were the Indy 500.  If you have difficulties with the Tea Cups at Disneyland, then the Fortaleza Transport System would not be your cup of tea ;)

I am trying to make the most of everything possible here in Fortaleza.  I can't believe I only have 4 months left.  Time is running out.  Mom, I put your birthday money to good use!  On Friday we went to Subway; Saturday I took my companion out to Rodizio; and Monday I went to McDonalds and ate the most fast food I have ever eaten in my life.



No comments:

Post a Comment