Friday, January 9, 2015

December 27, 2014

Happy Holidays!  Christmas day was spent with the zone doing a churrasco (bbq).  The zone leaders brought a huge chunk of meat (which was super good) but they hadn't thought to bring the stuff to season it and it was frozen.  Well, at least the final result was that it turned out really well.  I now know how to BBQ!  I can't wait to get home and make Brazilian Churrasco for you guys!  It will be good!

I got one of your letters this week!  I love the quote by Hugh Nibley!  I think it is really interesting.  He was asked once, "Who is righteous?"  He responded, "Anyone who is repenting. No matter how bad he has been, if he is repenting, he is a righteous man. There is hope for him.  And, no matter how good he has been all his life, if he is not repenting, he is a wicked man. The difference is which way he is facing. The man on the top of the stairs facing down is much worse off than the man on the bottom step who is facing up. The direction we are facing, that is repentance; and that is what determines whether we are good or bad.”

I think this is very interesting.  It is so true.  Life is grand staircase.  We are continually trying to progress.  Eternity doesn't stop that progression.  If we want to continue we must take one more step.  However, it is interesting how it all depends which way we are facing when we take that step.  If we are facing upward, we will take a step forward (it doesn't matter where on the staircase we are, we will still progress).  However, if we are facing downward, then our step will take us far away from progression.  We can change when we want to change.  The only thing we have to do is turn to face the right direction.  When we do this we can forget the stairs of the past and focus on the stairs of the present.  This is a quote that I am going to try to apply to my life forever.  We must always be facing upward and onward.

                                                                                                                                                                       

Christmas 2015


Christmas BBQ

No comments:

Post a Comment