Thursday, November 6, 2014

01 de novembro de 2014

Highlight of the week: 
I decided to make Chinese food.  I got so tired of eating rice and beans everyday, I decided that I would venture out and make my own food.  It ended up being really good.

One of the neat things that happened this week was a lesson we had with L*.  She is a recent convert and we decided that we would talk about temples and family history work.
As I shared some scriptures, a thought came to mind and we talked about it.  The thought was about how we can’t be saved without our ancestors and they can’t be saved without us.  We began talking about the structure of the family.  The family is where we learn most of our valuable life lessons.  I then began to think about the resurrection.  We know that we will continue to learn, grow, and progress after the resurrection.  I thought about the opportunities we will have to learn from our ancestors.  We will learn from their experiences and they will learn from our experiences.  We will continue to work towards perfection together.  It is really hard to describe the insight I gained during this lesson but it was really neat. 

We also had the opportunity to teach B* last night.  He is a recent convert who is 18 and has had some difficulties in coming to church because of family issues.  We were able to contact him and talk with him.  He is one of the most humble individuals I have ever met.  It was really neat to talk with him and I learned a lot.  He is very timid and shy but he was willing to open up with us.  We talked about conversion and how we know that the gospel is true.  I shared my stories of conversion with him and he shared his experiences.  Though it was only about a 5 minute lesson, I think it was one of the most impactful lessons I have experienced.  A simple conversation can go a long way in the life of an individual.

Things are going well.  I am just trying to move forward and learn.  I have a lot to learn.  I have come to the realization that life is super short and that we need to make every day count. 
We need to enjoy all the small things.


No comments:

Post a Comment