I love my new area. It is so different.
To be able to take a shower! Oh my goodness! I finally feel
so clean! And clean clothes! I have learned to be grateful! My
new companion, Elder C*, does not speak English, so I am learning a lot of
Portuguese and Brazilian culture.
It has been a long
time since I have been able to work in a ward.
The bishop here is
fantastic and does everything to help the missionaries. Our area is really hard but we are seeing
miracles. So my area is referred to as
Iguatami but in reality Elder C* and I just work in Edson Queiroz. It is
a flavela that is located really far from our home. It takes about an
hour to walk there every day. Because of this it is really difficult to
get people to church. However, it seems like a promising area. I will try to send pictures next week.
This past week I had the opportunity to study
about knowledge and intelligence. Doctrine
and Covenants 93:33-36 have become some of my new favorite verses of scripture.
What really caught my attention in these scriptures was the description
of the elements and spirit. The elements are eternal, as are our spirits. Though the elements cannot be destroyed, they
can be transformed, as will our knowledge be.
Knowledge is intelligence and intelligence is truth. Everyday, we have the opportunity to
transform and enhance our knowledge.
There is so much doctrine hidden in these short verses…the Gospel is so
awesome!
Love,
Elder Larkin
No comments:
Post a Comment